How to Sell Your Car in Dubai
It can be quite arduous to sell your car in Dubai. Luckily, you don’t have to do everything yourself. Actually, you don’t have to do much at all if you go to the right place. Selling a car can take several days of running around or thirty minutes of waiting. Let’s go over these two options in more detail.
How to Sell Your Car in Dubai by Yourself
The process of selling a car has many steps. It includes finding a trustworthy buyer, doing checkups on the vehicle and lots of paperwork.
The first step is to advertise so that you find a buyer. Don’t hang a sign on the car window. It’s illegal, and it will get your car impounded.
Also, asking around in real life, on social media and forums is not smart. You risk running into scammers. These incidents are all too common, unfortunately.
Thus, the only options left are buying expensive ads or exchanging your vehicle at a dealer. Either way, you are losing money because the dealer will probably offer you a lousy price. These are your options if you want to sell your car in Dubai on your own.
Once you found someone who wants to buy your car, you can’t just hand over the keys, take the money and be on your way.
You need to meet the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) requirements. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Make sure you’re clear of any outstanding finance. Contact your bank to inform the RTA about this. The RTA will send you a confirmation text message in a day or two.
- Have an RTA test performed on your car. It costs 120 AED, and the certificate you get will be valid for thirty days.
- Together with the buyer, go to any RTA Testing Centre (like Eppco-Tasjeel) and fill out a transfer form.
- You need to have all your documents such as IDs, driving license and car test certificate in original plus copies. You get the new registration card and hand it over, together with the car and keys, for the agreed sum.
- Present your insurance company with proof of the sale. You will then be able to get a refund for the remaining insurance or transfer it to the new owner.
Doing all this can potentially take weeks. Any error in the paperwork or unexpected setback can eat up even more of your time.
However, that’s not the only way to sell your car in Dubai.
How to Sell Us Your Car
We present a better alternative: Sell us your car. You don’t have to do any advertising, and the sale process is incredibly easy.
First, fill out a car valuation form and we will tell you how much the car is worth. It only takes a few minutes. There’s no need to visit a mechanic or haggle for a fair price. We offer it from the start.
Then, if you like the deal, book an appointment with us. Make sure you bring your documents, accessories and spare keys. That way, we can finish the transaction then and there.
Our experts will do another valuation for free. If everything checks out, all you have to do is sit back for about half an hour, enjoy a cup of coffee and we will do all the paperwork. That’s all. We give you the sum, and you’re all set.
Don’t waste precious time. Sell us your car in less than half an hour. Just fill the valuation form and schedule an appointment with us. It’s that simple.